When it is hot out, like it has been here in So Cal, we have had a very mild summer than we have in the past but there have been a few days lately that the temps have reached in the 90's. When it is hot, hot, hot I like to eat lots more salads as the main meal...here is one that is keeper for sure.
Here is my very small Strawberry plant...when I bought it at Home-Depot last summer it was covered and trailing with berries..I've been trying to feed it more and you can see some flowers on it and a few strawberries. Even though...
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted almonds, romaine lettuce, strawberries, and feta cheese. Cover with the dressing mixture, and toss to serve.
Edited to add: I'm hooking on to a party over at Cindy's Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday, head on over to see what everyone had got to share from their Garden and Home....